Monday, May 11, 2009

Reclaiming the Rainbow

Why is it that if I wear my joyful rainbow earrings, I'm considered either childish or homosexual? I love color! It's full of life and gives fullness to things otherwise blah. The earth is filled with vibrancy! Rainbows are a beautiful gift and if you believe in the scriptures, a reminder of God's promise to us. So if I choose to wear my rainbow shirt with rainbow earrings and rainbow hair clip, I am choosing to celebrate life and life abundantly, not revealing my adolescence or proclaiming my sexuality. And I hope to spread the joy and reclaim the gift of color. Let us not be fearful of being branded by what we wear, but wear what brings us life and personality! Okay, so this sounds a little kookie, but you get the gist.

No comments:

Post a Comment