Monday, April 20, 2009

I'm here


I've been told I should start a blog, so here I am. Today we ran our dance-along class, then decided because it was so hot and we used the kids kiddie pool for our kinderpatch that we would stop by Target and pick up a new little pool. Ah, the joys of water! Cools them off, wears them out, eliminates arguments and provides hours of entertainment!
So, here's a thought: how could I go about putting together a dance CD with legal permission from all music groups involved and get it sold? The complied CDs I make for the dance-along class are in high demand, but I can't rightly sell them. Any ideas?
I've got to come up with better blogs.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are blogging now. A suggestion for the dance CD, you may have to write your own music or have someone you know write you some music so as not to infringe on any copywrite laws.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you are "here"! As far as the music, let's contact the rights folks and do our own label under the non-profit so we can sell them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I'm excited about your blog! I asked Sam about the CD and he said you have to find out if the artists are registered with an organization that I can't remember the name of right now (but I'll get back to you on that one) and then purchase the rights to them, which can be a bit costly, but it's worth it to check it out, because you might earn your money back plus some. I'll get back to you with the organization. We have a blog too- swensonsrock.blogspot.com and I also write simplylivingsimple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete